Head Football Coach, California State University, Sacramento
FLSA Status: Exempt - This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Compensation: Compensation package will be commensurate with experience.
College Sports Solutions (CSS) is completing an Executive Search for the position of Head Football Coach on behalf of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at California State University, Sacramento (Sacramento State). CSS and Sacramento State invite applications for the full-time Head Football Coach position.
About Sacramento State
The program of Intercollegiate Athletics is organized and conducted as an integral part of the total educational program of the University. Academic excellence and athletic accomplishments go hand in hand at Sacramento State. There are three separate and unique missions in this program: to contribute to the educational objectives of the University; to provide a healthy, competitive athletic experience to individual student-athletes; to serve as a public relations vehicle within the community.
Sacramento State has made a strong commitment to the achievement of national excellence at the NCAA Division I level. It also is committed to maintaining an equitable program between men and women. Intercollegiate Athletics are members of the Big Sky, Big West, Western Athletic Conference, Mountain Pacific Sports Federation and American Athletic Conferences.
Job Description and Summary
The Head Coach for Football is held directly accountable for these general responsibilities relating to the Football program: overall management and administration of the Football Program, implementation of and compliance with the budget of the program, and the recruiting, training, supervision, evaluation and performance of student-athletes and coaching staff. The Head Coach for Football shall also have responsibility for the scheduling of contests and opponents, but the Director of Athletics or his/her designee retains the final approval with regard to the program’s schedule of contests and opponents. The University requires that all of its athletic programs, including football, be operated in compliance with the NCAA Bylaws as well as applicable rules, policies, and procedures of the Big Sky Conference and University.
The Head Coach for Football is responsible for assuring adherence to, respect for, and following the academic standards and requirements of the University with regard to the recruiting and eligibility of prospective and current student-athletes. All academic standards, requirements and policies of the University shall be observed by the Head Coach for Football and members of the staff, including assistant coaches, at all times and shall not be compromised or violated. It is the goal and desire of both the University and the members of the Sacramento State Football Program to achieve at the highest possible academic level, with the expectation that the team’s NCAA Academic Progress Rate will meet or exceed NCAA threshold minimums and the graduation rate for these student-athletes will be at least above the graduation rate for the general undergraduate student population at the University.
- Bachelors Degree
- Two – three years of experience coaching intercollegiate athletics.
- Complete knowledge of the NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict compliance with all NCAA and conference rules and regulations in addition to University policies.
- Demonstrated ability to advance the Athletic Department and University toward diversity and gender equity.
- Demonstrated experience with recruiting exceptional prospective student-athletes.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude at all times.
- Demonstrated success meeting or exceeding NCAA Academic Progress Rates.
- Masters Degree
- Minimum of one year of coaching experience at a NCAA Division I institution.
Required Posting Information:
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
- Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency ( ie. H-1-B Visa).
- The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
- The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
- It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html or contact Mr. Jeff Schemmel.
- The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html.
- Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/.
To apply for the position please submit your cover letter, resume, and references via e-mail to:
Mr. Jeff Schemmel
College Sports Solutions
Subject: Head Coach Sacramento State Football
The review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Copyright © 2018 College Sports Solutions, LLC