Head Coach- Track and Field, University of Texas
Job title: Head Coach
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Category: Contractual
Purpose of Position:
Oversee the Texas Athletics Track and Field program, achieving successful results through recruiting and coaching student-athletes and managing all components of the sports program operation.
• Organize, direct and implement all components of men's and women's track and field in a highly competitive program including practice sessions, recruitment, coaching, training and conditioning of student-athletes, driving and reaching successful outcomes.
• Successfully recruit student into the program who are outstanding athletes in track and field and who are capable, responsible, accountable representatives of the University. Monitor and support the academic success of student-athletes in the program.
• Provide instruction in technique, conditioning and methods to execute and excel during competition. Design and implement training programs. Oversee administrative tasks, to include scheduling meets, arranging travel for the team, and arranging the purchase of uniforms and equipment.
• Direct summer camps and other related programs as needed. Directly supervise track and field coaching and support staff. Ensure fiscal responsibility related to budgeting.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge, commitment and adherence to University, NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
• Participate in public appearances, and serve as an outstanding role model to student athletes and as a representative of Texas Athletics and the University.
• Other related functions as assigned.
Bachelor's degree. Minimum five years as assistant head coaching in track and field_ experience in a championship-quality collegiate environment. Ability to collaborate with staff and provide critical thinking to achieve positive outcomes. Demonstrated exceptional character traits in integrity and fairness. Professional demeanor. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated commitment to the Intercollegiate Core Values of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Diversity, Creativity, Accountability and Loyalty. This position is designated as a Responsible Employee, pursuant to Title IX and University policy. Responsible Employees have a duty to promptly report incidents as per policy to the University Title IX Coordinator or Deputy Title IX Coordinators. Responsible Employees are not confidential reporting resources.
Experience in coaching international teams and recruiting international student athletes. Experience as an athlete at the collegiate level in multiple events in track and field. Extensive experience coaching NCAA championship-caliber student-athletes and student-athletes with international track and field. Prior coaching experience with competitors in national Track and Field, international or Olympics level competition. Success in recruiting elite student-athletes to participate in the sport of track and field. Familiarity with NCAA rules relating to student-athletes and to the recruiting of student-athletes.
Required Posting Language:
• Security sensitive; conviction verification conducted on applicant selected.
• The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
• The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
To apply for the position please submit your cover letter, resume, and references via e-mail to:
Mr. Jeff Schemmel
College Sports Solutions
Subject: Head Coach Texas Track & Field
Copyright © 2018 College Sports Solutions, LLC