Head Coach- Softball, University of Texas
Job title: Head Coach
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Category: Contractual
Purpose of Position:
Oversee the Texas Athletics Softball program, achieving successful results through recruiting and coaching student-athletes and managing all components of the sports program operation.
• Organize, direct and implement all components of softball in a highly competitive program including practice sessions, recruitment, coaching, training and conditioning of student-athletes, driving and reaching successful outcomes.
• Successfully recruit students into the program who are outstanding athletes in softball and who are capable, responsible, accountable representatives of the University.
• Monitor and support the academic success of student-athletes in the program.
• Provide instruction in technique, conditioning and methods to execute and excel during competition. Design and implement training programs. Oversee administrative tasks, to include scheduling contests, arranging travel for the team, and arranging the purchase of uniforms and equipment.
• Direct camps and other related programs as needed.
• Directly supervise softball coaching and support staff.
• Ensure fiscal responsibility related to budgeting.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge, commitment and adherence to University, NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
• Participate in public appearances, and serve as an outstanding role model to student-athletes and as a representative of Texas Athletics and the University of Texas.
• Other related functions as assigned.
Bachelor's degree. Minimum five years as assistant and/or head coaching in softball. Experience in a championship-quality collegiate environment. Ability to collaborate with staff and provide critical thinking to achieve positive outcomes. Demonstrated exceptional character traits in integrity and fairness. Professional demeanor. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated commitment to the Intercollegiate Core Values of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Diversity, Creativity, Accountability and Loyalty. This position is designated as a Responsible Employee, pursuant to Title IX and University policy. Responsible Employees have a duty to promptly report incidents as per policy to the University Title IX Coordinator or Deputy Title IX Coordinators. Responsible Employees are not confidential reporting resources.
Experience as an athlete at the collegiate level. Extensive experience coaching NCAA championship-caliber student-athletes with preferred coaching experience at NCAA and Conference Championships. Prior coaching experience with competitors on national teams, international or Olympic level competition. Success in recruiting elite student-athletes to participate in the sport of softball. Familiarity with NCAA rules relating to student-athletes and the recruiting of student-athletes.
Required Posting Language:
• Security sensitive; conviction verification conducted on applicant selected.
• The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
• The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
To apply for the position please submit your cover letter, resume, and references via e-mail to:
Mr. Jeff Schemmel
College Sports Solutions
Subject: Head Coach Texas Softball
Copyright © 2018 College Sports Solutions, LLC